Wednesday, September 17, 2014

iOS 8.0

iOS 8.0 can be downloaded on your personal iPad now.

For those of us who carry separate iPads (no EFB installed), the update works pretty well.

1. All of my installed apps work fine with this latest update. This includes Crew Web, Flight Track, and My Radar. I don't use Crew Buddy currently.

2. All webpages seem to open and run a just a little slower. I understand this can be expected with iPad 2 - the version I use.

3. Downloading  the update and installation took 3 hours with strong wifi connection.

4.  I like the keyboard upgrade with word suggestions. My keyboard  shortcuts were not saved from the previous software. I would suggest writing them down before installing 8 if you used them before.

5. Family sharing of  calendars is a great idea. Maybe not Apple's but whoever is getting paid for   inventing it deserves the money.

For those who use EFB on the company paid iPad, software update 8 is not yet authorized.

Have fun with your tablet and check out SkyBlueMarket!