Saturday, February 8, 2014

American Idle


The new image of American Labor?

These protest signs - I guess you call them - appear around the Phoenix area on occasion. Some sort of dispute between management and labor exists, I suppose. The "Sam Fox" on this sign is a successful restaurant entrepreneur ( Fox Restaurants Concepts) who hires good people and contributes to the local economy.

I've been to several of his eateries around Scottsdale.  They are all very good, with excellent wait staff and competitive pricing. Some have gone out of business, but I saw a new one open up the other day.

The young woman with green hair in this photo does not work for Fox Restaurants, to my knowledge. She is either employed by or volunteers for a group that organizes Shame On protests outside of local businesses.

I haven't seen a picket line in years and as far as I can tell, this is some sort of community organizing that has replaced it.