Saturday, February 8, 2014

Jay Leno's Curtain Call

Jay Leno has left The Tonight Show and I'm very sorry to see him go. One of the first times I ever saw his stand-up routine, he was a guest of Johnny Carson and delivered this classic description of a difference between men and women. A friend of mine saw it, too and we both had a good laugh over it at the time:

Every woman thinks the Three Stooges are stupid. Seriously. They do not understand the humor. But you could take a guy with a Ph.D in Nuclear Physics from MIT, and he will always laugh when Moe hits Curly in the head with a shovel.

Had a chance to meet him a few years ago at the Rock Store in Malibu. It's a breakfast place and I was with my son on a motorcycle trip through California.



He is an extremely friendly guy - very down to earth and I was grateful to him for a photo. Hopefully Jimmy Fallon will continue that tradition of class and respect for many years to come.